Bradley: Manny Pacquiao Chose Me To Silence The Critics! - Pacquiao vs Bradley
Headlines News :

Bradley: Manny Pacquiao Chose Me To Silence The Critics!

Written By Fighthits on Saturday, February 11, 2012 | 6:47 AM

source: Ryan Burton | Boxingscene.com

BoxingScene.com recently spoke to WBO junior welterweight champion Tim Bradley who signed a contract to face Manny Pacquiao on June 9th at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Bradley had a roller coaster 2011. He started the year out strong by defeating the then undefeated WBC junior welterweight champion Devon Alexander in January in a very hyped event even if it didn't quite live up to expectations. He was then emboiled in a dispute with his then promoter Gary Shaw, which caused him to be on the shelf until his November knockout victory over Joel Casamayor.

When an agreement for a super fight between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather couldn't be made, Bradley found himself in the running to face Pacquiao along with Miguel Cotto, Juan Manuel Marquez and Lamont Peterson. Bradley described the range of emotions that he felt as he waited for Pacquiao to select his next opponent.


"I wanted the Pacquiao fight of course but I know that boxing is a business. I know that they were trying to work out other fights for Pacquiao which makes sense but they didn't work out. I think that they made a great choice. I know the Cotto fight didn't work out and that the Marquez fight didn't work out. With Peterson I was like come on now. I beat Peterson so that fight wouldn't make any sense (for Pacquiao)," Bradley said to Boxingscene.com.

"I knew I would be in there but I had mixed emotions. I just wanted to get in the ring and fight. I have only fought twice in the last two years and then the third time when I fought (Joel) Casamayor. I was telling my manager that I want to fight and it didn't matter who it was against and he was telling me to just wait and hold on. I just wanted to get a fight. If it is Pacquiao that is great. If it isn't I don't care. I just wanted a fight and I was like stop putting me on the backburner. Everybody is getting (television) dates and I was telling my manager that I just want to get a date and he was like just be patient. We are in the mix for Pacquiao," he continued.

Bradley's career is guided by renown manager Cameron Dunkin. Bradley admitted to being frustrated as other fighters had fights on premium networks finalized while he was forced to wait. The Palm Springs, California based fighter told BoxingScene that his manager was right all along and that he is thankful that Team Pacquiao approved him as an opponent.

"Big ups to my manager. He is the manager of the year and the best manager in the game hands down. I also want to thank my wife and Top Rank and everybody that made this all possible. And of course Manny Pacquiao for stepping up and giving me a shot. A big shot out to Manny and Freddie Roach and of them," said a thankful Bradley.

Pacquiao has been criticized for facing fighters either at catchweights or on the downside of their careers. Bradley thinks that one of the reasons that Pacquiao chose to fight him is because he is undefeated and in his prime.

"I think he chose me to silence the critics. I think that my name has been rumored around his camp for a while now. I think that he finally decided let's give Bradley a shot and that he will have a live dog in there with him. Freddie knows me and has followed my career. He has heard some good things about me and some bad things about me. Freddie Roach knows its going to be a fight. Manny Pacquiao might not think so but I know Freddie knows," Bradley concluded.
Share this article :

1 comment:

  1. OT: Good to know Manny Pacquiao will be fighting against Tim Bradley on April 9 . While waiting for the fight, you can still watch his videos at the Manny Pacquiao Official Youtube channel on Youtube!

    ReplyDelete

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Pacquiao vs Bradley - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger